Hefeng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hefeng power station, also known as the Shenhua Tacheng power station, is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
An additional 1,320 MW has been proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the location of the plant, located about 70 km northeast of Heshituoluogai Town in Hoboksar Mongol Autonomous County of Tacheng District. As of February 2019 satellite imagery on google it too outdated and does not show the plant, but the plant does appear on Planet.
Background on Plant
Hefeng power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 600 MW in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. Both units entered operation in 2012, but it did not receive a permit from Xinjiang Regional DRC until February 2016. The plant was originally owned by State Grid Energy Development Company, which became part of Shenhua Group in 2012.
Shenhua Group is planning to add two additional units of 660 MW each.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guoneng Energy Group
- Parent company: [National Energy Investment Group]]
- Location: 70 km northeast of Heshituoluogai Town in Hoboksar Mongol Autonomous County of Tacheng District, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 46.6088, 86.5936 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2); Shelved (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW); 1,320 MW (Units 3-4: 660 MW)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1-2); Supercritical (Units 3-4)
- In service: 2012 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Xinjiang Hefeng Power Plant Phase I Project Contracted by SDEPCI on EPC Basis was Put into Operation," SDEPCI website, accessed November 2014
- "神华国能和丰煤电有限公司," Xingjiang He Feng Industrial Zone, accessed November 2014
- "神华国能和丰煤电有限公司," Xinjiang Industrial Zone, accessed Nov 2015
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017