Houshi power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Houshi power station (台塑后石发电厂) is a 4,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Fujian Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Houshi, Longhai City, Zhangzhou Prefecture, Fujian Province.
Background on Plant
The power station consists of the following units:
Unit 1, 600MW, operating in November 1999.
Unit 2, 600MW, operating in June 2000.
Unit 3, 600MW, operating in September 2001.
Unit 4, 600MW, operating in November 2002.
Unit 5, 600MW, operating in December 2003.
Unit 6, 600MW, operating in July 2004.
Unit 7, 600MW, operating in 2009.
Houshi power station was the biggest power plant in China when it was completed in 2009, and is so far (2017) the biggest Taiwanese-invested enterprise in Mainland China. The coal source is mainly Australia and Africa.
Shenhua Guohua Electric Power and Huayang Electric Power formed a new company called "Shenhua Guohua Zhangzhou Power Generation Co."(神华国华漳州发电公司) to develop unit 8 with capacity of 660MW of Houshi Power Plant.  The proportion of the shares is: Shenhua Guohua 51%, Huayang 49%. The attempt stopped in 2016. No reason was published. 
- Sponsor: Huayang Electric Power Co Ltd 
- Parent company: Formosa Plastics Group
- Location: Houshi, Longhai City, Zhangzhou Prefecture, Fujian Province, China
- Coordinates: 24.3030594, 118.1259157 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 4,200 MW (Units 1-7: 600 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start date: 1998-2009
- Coal type:
- Coal source: Australia, Africa
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Houshi Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Sept. 2015.
- "福建漳州后石电厂扩建7号机组工程通过核准," 国家能源局, 2008-06-18
- "后石发电厂," Wikipedia, accessed Nov 2017
- "神华国华福建漳州后石电厂8号机工程建设项目环境影响评价第一次公示"Environment Protection Bureau of Longhai City, 2012-03-17
- "神华国华(漳州)发电有限公司清算组"福建日报,"] IFeng, 2016-03-02
- "华阳电业"Huayang ElectricPower Co. Ltd,