Hunan Chuangyuan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hunan Chuangyuan power station (湖南五强集团创元电厂) is a retired 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hunan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Taoyuan County, Changde Prefecture, Hunan Province.
Background on Plant
Hunan Chuangyuan power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 700 MW. It provides power to an aluminum smelter. The plant was completed in 2006, and is owned by Hunan Chuangyuan Power Generation.
- Sponsor: Hunan Chengtong Technology Group
- Parent company: Hunan Wuqiang Group
- Location: Taoyuan County, Changde Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
- Coordinates: 29.1973729, 111.559684 (exact)
- Status: Retired (2016)
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2006
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: