Huolinhe Zhanute power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huolinhe Zhanute power station (锦江集团内蒙古锦联铝材公司自备电厂一期) is a 3,040-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant under development in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
- 1 Location
- 2 Huolinhe Zhanute I, Units 1-2
- 3 Huolinhe Zhanute II, Units 3-6
- 4 Huolinhe Zhanute III, Units 7-10
- 5 Project Details
- 6 Articles and resources
The photo below shows the plant in Huolinguole (Holingol) City, Tongliao Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Huolinhe Zhanute I, Units 1-2
Huolinhe Zhanute II, Units 3-6
July 2017: Units 5-6 halted by government
In July 2017 China's NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January 2017 NEA letter to 13 provinces.
Huolinhe Zhanute power station Units 5-6 are among the halted coal-burning units, and also appeared on an updated list of halted projects released in September 2017. It appears unit 5 would need to suspend operations, since it has been completed.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Unit 5 operating after suspension
Based on satellite data through May 2018, unit 5 continued to operate after its suspension in September 2017. It is unclear from photos if unit 6 is continuing construction, but 2017 news reports say unit 6 will be operating soon.
Huolinhe Zhanute III, Units 7-10
Hangzhou Jinjiang Group said it eventually plans to add four additional 660-MW coal-fired units at this location, Huolinhe Zhanute III.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Huolinhe Zhanute III is therefore likely shelved.
- Sponsor: Hangzhou Jinjiang Group
- Location: Huolinguole (Holingol) City, Holingol, Tongliao Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 45.409847, 119.5967388 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Phase I, Units 1-2, Phase II, Units 3-5); Construction (Phase II, Unit 6); Cancelled (Phase III, Units 7-10)
- Gross capacity: 5,680 MW (Phase I, Units 1 & 2: 200 MW; Phases II & III, Units 3-10: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2013 (Phase I); 2015 (Units 3-4); 2017 (Unit 5)
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "内蒙古锦联铝材有限公司60万机组自备电厂招聘简章", 杭州锦江集团有限公司, 2013-09-17
- "浑电公司：驰骋在科尔沁草原上的骏马", 中电传媒股份有限公司, 2014-01-14
- "内蒙古锦联自备电厂二期2015年实现双投", 国网企联电力技术研究院, 2014-02-10
- "内蒙古锦联自备电厂二期2015年实现双投," 得燕 时间, 2014-2-14
- "内蒙古锦联铝材有限公司首台66万千瓦自备机组成功并网," 2015-11-11
- "锦联铝材第二台66万千瓦机组成功并网," 中国通辽网 / 通辽新闻, 2015-12-25
- "内蒙古锦联电厂5号机组顺利通过168小时试运行," PowerChina, 2017-6-2
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "内蒙古锦联铝材面向社会招聘二期生产人员", 内蒙古生活网, 2014-09-09