Hurricane Katrina: Disaster Relief
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Disaster relief for the victims of Hurricane Katrina
Also see International Aid.
Questions about FEMA
- not accept Amtrak's help in evacuations?
- turn away experienced firefighters?
- turn back Wal-Mart supply trucks?
- prevent the Coast Guard from delivering diesel fuel?
- ban the Red Cross from delivering food?
- bar morticians from entering New Orleans?
- block a 500-boat citizen flotilla from delivering aid?
- fail to utilize a Navy ship with 600-bed hospital on board?
- allow the city of Chicago to send just one truck? (registration required)
- turn away generators?
- state "First Responders Urged Not To Respond"?
- Matthew Brzezinski, "Homeland Emergency: Disaster Relief is Suffering Under New DHS Bureaucracy," Democracy Now!, September 1, 2005.
- Stephanie Zimmerman and Scott Fornek, "Daley 'shocked' as feds reject aid," Chicago Sun-Times, September 3, 2005.
- Rex Nutting, "Katrina's economic impact spreads; Bush seeks funds," CBS MarketWatch (LexisNexis), September 1, 2005.
- "Bush rules out significant federal aid to hurricane victims," wsws.org, September 1, 2005.
- "Elder Bush, Clinton team up again for relief effort. Former presidents create fund for hard-hit states," CNN, September 5, 2005.