Hurricane Katrina: Unfolding Events
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are links related to Unfolding Events since the Gulf Coast of the United States was thrown into a state of crisis when Hurricane Katrina struck on August 29, 2005.
Articles & Commentary
- David Helvarg, "Dozens Dead as Hurricane Katrina Slams into Gulf Coast: A Look at Extreme Weather, Oil Development and Who Gets Hit the Hardest," Democracy Now!, August 30, 2005.
- Jennifer Loven, "Bush Returning to Monitor Hurricane Effort," Associated Press (BreitBart), August 30, 2005.
- Jeremy Pelofsky, "Bush to return to Washington because of hurricane," Reuters (Yahoo! News), August 30, 2005.
- "Bush sees Katrina's 'devastating' destruction from Air Force One," Agence France Presse (Yahoo! News), August 31, 2005.
- "Press Conference with Officials from Homeland Security, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Departments of Health and Human Services, Energy, Transportation, and Defense," Department of Homeland Security, August 31, 2005.
- Tamara Lytle, "Bush: Federal help is on the way; President cuts his vacation short - Government kicks into gear on many fronts," The Orlando Sentinel (LexisNexis), September 1, 2005.
- Jennifer Loven, "Bush to Tour Battered Gulf Coast Towns," Associated Press (Yahoo! News), September 2, 2005.
- Dana Milbank, "White House Punts as the Wackenhuts Blitz," Washington Post, September 2, 2005.
- Jennifer Loven, "Bush Tours Katrina Damage Amid Criticism," Associated Press (Yahoo! News), September 2, 2005.