Ambassador-at-Large, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Russia (2003-2009)
(Member, Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions, United Nations
(2006-2008) He was dealing with administrative and budgetary questions of the UN. Was responsible (2003-2006) for issues of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO); Since February 2004 up to 2006 he was Plenipotentiary Representative of Russia to the CSTO, in 2005 – 2006 – Chairman, Permanent Council at the CSTO). 
- 1991-1994 Professor, Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO - University).
- 1993-1997 Member, Inter-ministerial Commission on the Russian Federation`s accession to the World Trade Organization and the Asiatic-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum.
- 1994-present Vice President, International Informatization Academy, Moscow.
- Chair of advisory board, East-West Bridge
Resources and articles
- East-West Bridge Igor Khalevinsky, organizational web page, accessed April 2, 2018.