|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article needs additional citations for verification.
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
This article is part of the Tobacco portal on Sourcewatch funded from 2006 - 2009 by the American Legacy Foundation.
Imperial Tobacco Group plc (or simply Imperial Tobacco) is the fourth largest tobacco multinational company. Its corporate headquarters are in Bristol, England. Its main brands of cigarettes are West, Gauloises, Davidoff, Fortuna, John Player Special (JSP), Lambert & Butler (L&B), Bastos. It also sells cigarette rolling paper (Rizzla), cigars (Cohiba), hand-rolling tobacco (Golden Virginia, Drum) and snus (Skruf). The company has grown rapidly over the last twelve years owing to a sustained policy of acquisitions: Rizzla in 1997, Tobaccor in 2001, Reemtsma in 2002, Skruf in 2005, Davidoff in 2006, and Altadis in 2008, among others.
Although its main markets are in the United Kingdom and in Western Europe, the company aggressively targets lower income countries in Africa, Eastern and Central Europe and Asia, where its market growth compensates for the decline of its traditional European markets.
Imperial Tobacco should not be confused with Imperial Tobacco Canada, which is the Canadian subsidiary of British American Tobacco (BAT).
Also not to be confused with [ITC] of India earlier known as Imperial Tobacco Company of India which was a colonial subsidiary of British American Tobacco (BAT) but now is independent and the largest cigarette manufacturer of India. The ITC site itself doesn't refer to its imperial colonial origins. It continues to sell brands associated with the original founders of Imperial Tobacco viz. W.D. & H.O. Wills Ltd. and its brands Bristol, Wills Navy Cut and Gold Flake.
Media inquiries go to:
Alex Parsons, Group Media Relations Manager
Imperial Tobacco Limited
Upton Road, Southville
Bristol BS99 7UJ United Kingdom
Direct Tel: +44 (0)117 933 7241
Switchboard: +44 (0)117 963 6636
- Derek Bonham, Chairman
- Gareth Davis, Chief Executive
- Frank Rogerson, Corporate Affairs Director
Accessed October 2009: 
- Iain Napier - Chairman
- Gareth Davis - Chief Executive
- Jean-Dominique Comolli - Non-Executive Deputy Chairman
- Robert Dyrbus - Finance Director
- Graham Blashill - Group Sales and Marketing Director
- Alison Cooper - Chief Operating Officer
- Pierre Jungels - Senior Independent Director, Chairman of the Remuneration Committee
- Ken Burnett - Non-Executive Director
- Michael Herlihy - Non-Executive Director
- Charles Knott - Non-Executive Director
- Susan Murray - Non-Executive Director
- Berge Setrakian - Non-Executive Director
- Mark Williamson - Non-Executive Director
- Matthew Phillips - Company Secretary