International Organization for Migration
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
"Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
"With 120 member states, a further 20 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants." 
"IOM has experienced rapid growth over the past eight years. Key indicators include:
- Membership increased from 67 States in 1998 to 120 States in 2007 and continues to grow.
- Total Expenditure increased from US$ 242.2 million in 1998 to US$ 733.3 million in 2006, with a high point of US $952 million spent in 2005.
- Field locations* increased from 119 in 1998 to more than 340 at present.
- Active projects increased from 686 in 1998 to more than 1600 in 2007.
- Operational staff increased from approximately 1,100 in 1998 to approximately 5,500 at present, almost entirely in the field." 
- Director General - Brunson McKinley (since 1 October 1998)
- Deputy Director General - Ndioro Ndiaye (since September 1999)
- Business Advisory Board
- Web: http://www.iom.int
Resources and articles
- Development Alternatives Inc.
- Nesreen Mustafa Berwari
- Susan Martin
- Anita Sharma
- Howard Roy Williams
- Regine Dupuy McCalla
- William Lacy Swing - Director/General
- Bruno Oudmayer