International Peacebuilding Alliance
The International Peacebuilding Alliance, Interpeace, "works only with local partners in divided societies to build lasting peace...
"It works in close partnership with the United Nations and this relationship is formalized in a Memorandum of Understanding and is carried out operationally through the UN Development Programme/Interpeace Joint Programme Unit (JPU)
"This unique identity enables us to act either as an independent non-governmental organisation or as a UN initiative...
"[Formed in 1994 as the] War-torn Societies Project, a UN initiative set up in response to concerns about the international community’s ability to respond to civil wars of the 1990’s." 
Senior Management Team
- Scott Weber - Director-General
- Mike Pejcic - Head of Administration and Chief Financial Officer
- Bernardo Arevalo de Leon - Director, Joint Programme Unit for UN / Interpeace Initiative(Ex Officio)
- Jerry McCann - Regional Director for Eastern and Central Africa
- Ana Glenda Tager - Regional Director for Latin America
Accessed September 2007: 
- Martti Ahtisaari (Finland), Chairman - Former President of Finland ; Special Envoy of the UN Secretary General to lead the status talks on the UN administered Serbian province of Kosovo; former UN Under-Secretary-General for Administration and Management; former Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Namibia.
- Mohamed Sahnoun (Algeria), Vice Chairman - Special advisor to the UN Secretary General for Africa; President Initiatives of Change International;former Deputy Secretary-General of the Organisation of African Unity.
- Matthias Stiefel (Switzerland), President- Founder and former Executive Director of WSP International
- Zainab Bangura (Sierra Leone)- Chief Civilian Officer, United Nations Mission in Liberia; former Executive Director, National Accountability Group of Sierra Leone.
- Georgina Dufoix (France)- Former Minister of Health and Social Services of France; former President of the French Red Cross
- Thomas Greminger (Switzerland)- Representative of the Host Government on the Governing Council Head of Political Division IV (Peace Policy) of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Carolyn McAskie (Canada) - Representative of the Secretary-General on the Governing Council United Nations Assistant Secretary-General for Peacebuilding Support
- Jonathan Moore (United States) - Former US ambassador to the UN in New York; former Director, Institute of Politics, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
- Hisashi Owada (Japan) - Judge, International Court of Justice in the Hague; former Permanent Representative of Japan to the UN in New York.
- Jan Pronk (Netherlands) - Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Sudan; former Minister for Development Cooperation of the Netherlands
- Anthony Travis (United Kingdom), Honorary Treasurer - Partner, Cabinet Gainsbury and Consorts; Board member l’Observatoire de la Finance; former partner of Pricewaterhouse Coopers.