Internet Group APPG
The Internet Group Group exists 'to promote the use of the Internet in the UK; to provide a forum for members who are personal computer users to obtain software and hardware advice and services; to support and inform MPs interested in expanding their own use of the internet; to consider internet issues relating to British and international society'
- Chair: Derek Wyatt MP (Lab)
- Jointvicechair: Michael Fabricant MP (Con)
- Jointvicechair: Richard Allan MP (LD)
- Secretary: Dr Nick Palmer MP (Lab)
- Treasurer: Brian White MP (Lab)
- Contact: Dr Nick Palmer MP , House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Tel: 020 7219 3000
Nicholas Lansman provides administrative assistance (co-ordinating meetings, managing website) in a personal capacity, not on behalf of any organisation.
In July 2003 the group hosted a Spam Summit, the costs of which were met by Brightmail and Autonomy Corporation Plc, and in October 2003 members of the group visited Washington to communicate the group's findings on spam, costs met by Microsoft and Message Labs (registered November 2003).
Other SourceWatch resources
- All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Subject Groups
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Country Groups
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)