(Redirected from Irven Devore)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Irven DeVore (October 7, 1934) is an anthropologist and evolutionary biologist. wiki CV
- Director, 1996-97, and Acting Director, 1994,Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University
- Trustee, 1974-present, Co-Chair, Science & Grants Committee, 1980-present, L. S. B. Leakey Foundation, San Francisco, California
- Board of Advisors, 1976-94, The Center for Field Research ("Earthwatch"), Belmont, Massachusetts (Earthwatch Institute: International Advisory Council )
- Co-Founder and President, 1986-present, Dolphins of Shark Bay Research Foundation, Western Australia
- Board of Directors, 1973-94, Cultural Survival, Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Advisory Council, Section H (Anthropology), 1987-90, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Washington, D.C.
- Advisory Council, 1979-83, Wenner-Gren Foundation, New York, New York
- Co-Founder, Kalahari Peoples Fund, 1970
- Executive Board, 1970-73, American Anthropological Association, Washington, D. C.
- Board of Directors, 1972-75, Foundations' Fund for Research in Psychiatry, New Haven
- Advisory Committee on Primate Research Centers, 1964-67, National Institutes of Health
- Board of Directors, 1968-72, Education Development Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Advisor, 1968-72, The Danforth Foundation, St. Louis, Missouri
- Louis Proyect, "Busted by the sociobiologists, and busting back", November 17, 2012.