Israel Solidarity Campaign
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Israel Solidarity Campaign is a UK organisation to encourage support for the state of Israel.
- We, Jews and non-Jews alike, stand in solidarity with the State and people of Israel at this critical time.
- Israel has a fundamental right of self-defence in the face of daily killing of innocents and more than 12,000 terror attacks in the past 18 months. No grievance can justify intentionally blowing up men, women and children in restaurants, in shopping centres and on public buses.
- Despite calls by the international community and in violation of previously signed agreements, Yasser Arafat has failed to stop terrorists operating from territory under his jurisdiction. Indeed, organizations directly under his control, such as the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, have become the principal agents of violence against Israel. Israel was left with no choice but to take the steps necessary to protect itself from the terrorist infrastructure sheltered and supported by the Palestinian Authority.
- We know that Israel - its leaders and its people - want peace and are prepared to make painful compromises to achieve it. We saw this at Camp David in July 2000.
- Israel is not the obstacle to peace. The essential problem lies with the leaders of the Palestinians and those Arab states that still deny Israel's legitimacy as a Jewish state; that still support and engage in terrorism. Peace cannot come while murderers are glorified, while the media, textbooks, and religious leaders espouse violence and hate, while political leaders incite and justify terrorism.
- The terrorist attacks of September 11th and the repeated atrocities committed against Israel demonstrate that all of us are at risk if we don't defeat the global terror network.
- This is a time to stand unequivocally behind the principles shared by Britain and Israel - fight terrorism with determination; respect democratic values; and seek peace through negotiations, not violence.
Address: BM ISC, London, WC1N 3XX