"She is author of a recent book on globalization and popular movements, which is entitled Changing the World: Struggles for Global Democracy (Johns Hopkins University Press). She has co-edited three books and more than 30 articles on transnational activism, including Coalitions Across Borders: Transnational Protest in a Neoliberal Era (with Joe Bandy), which explores how people have developed organizations and techniques to build transnational alliances among people of widely varying cultural, political, and economic backgrounds."  CV
In 1989 Smith obtained the Winston Foundation for World Peace Student Fellowship.
- Director, EarthAction
- Founding coordinator, Network Institute for Global Democratization, North America Chapter (2007 - Present)
- Deputy editor, Mobilization (2006 - Present)
- Sociologists without Borders liaison to World Social Forum Process (2005 - Present)
- 2003 Core advisory group member, “New Dimensions of Multilateralism Project,” Center on International Cooperation, New York University.
- National Planning Committee (Communications Working Group), United States Social Forum (2006 - 2007)
- Jackie Smith, Social Movements for Global Democracy (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2007). Review
- Jackie Smith and Marina Karides, Global Democracy and the World Social Forums (Paradigm Publishers, 2007). Includes contributions by Marc Becker, Dorval Brunelle, Christopher Chase-Dunn, Donatella della Porta, Rosalba Icaza Garza, Jeffrey S. Juris, Lorenzo Mosca, Ellen Reese, Peter (Jay) Smith, and Rolando Vazquez.
- Joe Bandy and Jackie Smith (eds.), Coalitions Across Borders: Negotiating Difference and Unity in Transnational Struggles Against Neoliberalism (Roman & Littlefield, 2005). (article by Daniel Faber included in this collection)
- Jackie Smith and Hank Johnston, eds. Globalization and Resistance: Transnational Dimensions of Social Movements (Rowman & Littlefield, 2002).
- Jackie Smith, Charles Chatfield, and Ron Pagnucco, eds. Transnational Social Movements and Global Politics: Solidarity Beyond the State (Syracuse University, 1997).
- 2006 “Social Movements, Organization, and Global Change” Presentation to the Funders Network on Trade and Globalization, Ford Foundation, New York (December 8).
- 1999 Invited Participant, Stanley Foundation Conference, “The Evolving Relations Between NGOs and the UN System: Implications for Global Governance.” 2123 October.
- 1999 Invited Participant, Council on Foreign Relations Roundtable on Women’s Human Rights and U.S. Interests, New York, 22 September.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- World Society Foundation - funder
- Directors, EarthAction, accessed November 17, 2008.
<math>Insert formula here</math>