Jambo Africa Child Hope
Jambo Africa Child Hope "is a legally incorporated, tax-exempt, non-profit organization established in the District of Columbia, USA." According to its website, "the purpose for which the corporation is organized is to work with churches and faith based organizations, institutions, individuals, friends of Africa and Africans in the United States to improve the plight of orphans and vulnerable children in Africa by mobilizing resources, both human and financial, to build hope and support for the African children by providing education, health, shelter and to advocate internationally for the rights of every child in Africa as stipulated in the United Nations Charter. Jambo Africa Child Hope will seek to partner with churches both in the United States and in Africa to hold to account the God established responsibility for caring for the orphaned and vulnerable children as Jesus commanded in Mathew 18:5 ("For whoever receives one child like this in my name receives me"). HIV/AIDS has orphaned more than 12 million children in Africa and Jambo Africa Child Hope will be an active stakeholder in scaling up the efforts to support these children through our areas of operation."
It's stated goals and objectives include:
- To establish projects and programs in Africa through the Christian Churches that will support the vulnerable and orphaned children with education, health, shelter and spiritual development to secure the future for the African Continent.
- To support mothers and children who are infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with life-saving medicines and drugs and to educate them on prevention of mother-to-child transmission so that children are not born with HIV/AIDS.
- To support and establish feeding programs for orphaned and vulnerable children within their communities so that they can continue to attend school.
- To advocate for the rights of children in Africa and to work closely with the United Nations (UNICEF) and the United States Congress to eradicate oppresion, violence and abuse against women and children in Africa.
- To support and promote leadership programs for the young people through training and teaching of Christian principles.
- To build bridges between African and American children in order to share information and cultures and develop exchange programs that will enhance peace and goodwill for both continents.
The organization is currently working on establishing a secondary school for career training for impoverished youths in Tanzania.
Board of Directors
"Jambo Africa Child Hope is led by an active Board of Directors."
- Eliserena Kimolo, President
- Eric Stetson, Vice President
- Donacian Kimolo, Treasurer
- Caroline Cole, Project Manager
- Bruno Mazali
- Marianne Julian Rushaigo
- Olabode Paul Otubu
- Tibruss Minja
- Tonga Mushi
Articles and Resources
- Jambo Africa Child Hope Tax Exempt Organization Financial Statement, accessed November 3, 2009.