James Carville was a co-founder in 1999 of Democracy Corps.
According to his Democracy Corps biography, Carville "managed his first campaign, a US Senate race in Virginia, in 1982. The following year, while managing Lloyd Doggett's unsuccessful bid for governor of Texas, he acquired the nickname Rajun Cajun and began his odd couple professional collaboration with Paul Begala. The two teamed up full time in 1989 and formed the Carville and Begala political consulting firm, specialising in strategy, message development, earned media and, above all, winning elections for Democrats." 
"Carville and Begala's biggest win was Bill Clinton's election to the presidency in 1992, the first time a Democrat had claimed the White House in 12 years. In 1993 Carville was honoured as Campaign Manager of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants for his leadership of Clinton's fearsome and intense Little Rock campaign headquarters, known as the War Room. ..." 
"Carville's long list of electoral successes also includes the 1991 US Senate victory of Harris Wofford over Richard Thornburgh in Pennsylvania; the 1990 gubernatorial victories of Zell Miller of Georgia and Robert P. Casey in Pennsylvania; the 1988 re-election of Senator Frank Lautenberg in New Jersey; the 1987 gubernatorial victory of Wallace Wilkinson in Kentucky; and the 1986 gubernatorial victory of Robert Casey in Pennsylvania." 
"Carville also has international campaign experience, having worked as a political advisor to Greek Prime Minister Constantine Mitsotakis and done political work in Central and South America. 
"Carville is married to Mary Matalin, who was the deputy campaign manager of George Herbert Walker Bush's re-election bid in 1992. The couple wrote All's Fair: Love, War and Running for President, the best selling political memoir in American history. 
In 1997 Philip Gould, Stanley Greenberg and James Carville collaborated on a London-based opinion polling group and high-powered transnational consulting organization, GGC/NOP, owned by United News and Media 
- Co-authored with Mary Matalin, All's Fair: Love, War and Running for President, Simon & Schuster; Reprint edition, August 31, 1995. ISBN 0684801337
- We're Right, They're Wrong, A Handbook for Spirited Progressives, Random House, 1st ed edition, February 1996. ISBN 0679769781
- James Carville and Jeff Nussbaum, Had Enough?: A Handbook for Fighting Back, Simon & Schuster, November 2003. ISBN 0743255755
- James Carville and Paul Begala, Buck Up, Suck Up . . . and Come Back When You Foul Up : 12 Winning Secrets from the War Room, Simon & Schuster, Reprint edition, November, 2003. ISBN 0743234480
- James Carville and Paul Begala, Take It Back: Our Party, Our Country, Our Future, # Simon & Schuster, January, 2006. ISBN 074327752X
Other SourceWatch Resources
- Democracy Corps, "James Carville", accessed June 2006.