James David Wolfensohn
James David Wolfensohn was president of the World Bank from 1995 to May 2005. He is chairman of Wolfensohn & Company, which describes itself as an "investment and advisory firm focused on emerging market economies."
He was born in Australia (1933) and is a naturalized US citizen. He holds a BA and LLB from the University of Sydney and an MBA from the Harvard Graduate School of Business. He is married to Elaine Wolfensohn.
Wolfensohn is chairman of the Institute for Advanced Studies at Princeton. He is director of the Population Council at the United Nations (77-84), a director of the Rockefeller Foundation (79-85), a director on the Business Council for Sustainable Development, affiliated with the Ford Foundation, the Century Association in New York, and a Honorary Trustee at the Brookings Institute. He also sits on the International advisory council for the Lowy Institute, an Australian think tank.
- Director, Global Humanitarian Forum 
- Honorary Trustee, Mentor Foundation 
- International Advisory Board, International Business Leaders Forum 
- Leadership Council, Initiative for Global Development 
- Patron, American Australian Association
- Chair Emeriti, Kennedy Center
- Board of Overseers, International Rescue Committee
- Emerit Member of the Board of Governors, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies 
- Cofounder, World Faiths Development Dialogue
- Chair of the International Advisory Panel of the Global Carbon Capture and Storage Institute.
- Chairman of Citi International Advisory Board.
- International Board, U.S./Middle East Project 
- Trustee, Carnegie Hall 
- Emeritus Director, Endeavor Global 
- International Advisory Board, Jane Goodall Institute 
- Honoree of the 2005 David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award 
Resources and articles
- First Nations Development Institute - Supporter
- Wolfensohn & Company, "About Us", Wolfensohn & Company website, accessed April 2009.
- Directors, Global Humanitarian Forum, accessed December 2, 2009.
- Mentor Foundation Honorary Trustees, organizational web page, accessed May 13, 2012.
- Board of Trustees, International Business Leaders Forum, accessed October 7, 2007.
- Leadership, Initiative for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Board of Governors, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, accessed August 20, 2008.
- Kevin Rudd, "Appointment of Mr James Wolfensohn to Global Carbon Capture and Storage Institute Advisory Panel", Media Release, April 6, 2009.
- International Board, U.S./Middle East Project, accessed October 25, 2009.
- Trustees, Carnegie Hall, accessed November 4, 2009.
- Directors, Endeavor Global, accessed November 20, 2010.
- International Advisory Board, Jane Goodall Institute, accessed November 19, 2011.
- David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award Honorees, Synergos Institute, accessed December 4, 2011.
- Michael Gawenda, "Poverty tsunami: Wolfensohn departs with a stark warning", Sydney Morning Herald, May 26, 2005.