"Since 1993, Jeff has worked in a variety of positions in the natural health products industry such as retail management, international business development and international regulatory advocacy.
"In 2005, he moved to Beijing, China and has been working in the following areas: regulatory advocacy, business development, product quality assurance, trade show promotion, market research, market entry and has authored a variety of articles on China's developing natural health product industry for such publications as Nutraceutical World Magazine, Nutrition Business Journal, Nutritional Outlook and Natural Products Insider. Being a China insider allows him not only to be well versed in the regulations, but also understands the intricacies of the market. Jeff's connections to both U.S. and Chinese governments and industry organizations has proved to be a great benefit to the industry. In fact, Jeff works closely with the U.S. Commercial Service's Health Team at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing to provide market intelligence and consulting services to its clients.
"Since 2008, New Hope Media has invited him to give presentations on China's dietary supplement industry at Expo West, Expo East and Expo Asia.
"Jeff has organized 10 seminars in cities across China together with; U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. FDA, China's Ministry of Commerce, Chinese Medicine Association, China Health Care Association and CCPIT. These seminars have reached well over 500 individual Chinese manufacturers and suppliers and covered such topics as entering the US market and boosting China's ingredient image by increasing quality standards and adhering to strict GMP regulations.
"China is poised to become one of the largest markets for natural products in the near future and Jeff is in an excellent position to assist both industry and individual companies with their China endeavors. "
- Executive Director at U.S.-China Health Products Association (since 2010)
- Former Consultant at China's Natural Products Industry
- Former Executive Director Natural Products Association - China at Natural Products Association
- Former International Business Development Manager at NBTY May 2005 – August 2006 (Worked as NBTY's International BDM for China. Setup their representative office in Beijing, conducted extensive market research as well as due diligence on potential partners for NBTY's entry into the China market.)
- Former Retail Sales and Management - Vitamin World at NBTY
- Former International Trade Specialist Assistant - U.S. Commercial Service at U.S. Department of Commerce
- Former Retail Sales and Management at General Nutrition Centers
Resources and articles
- linkedin Jeff Crowther, organizational web page, accessed March 27, 2013.