Jingtai Zhunge'er Suancigou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jingtai Zhunge'er Suancigou power station (京能内蒙古京泰发电公司酸刺沟发电厂) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
An additional 1,320 MW is under development.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in the town of Xuejiawan.
Background on Project
The 600 MW waste coal-fired power station began construction in 2008 and operation in 2010. The power station is near the Suancigou mine in Majiata Gawler rural village, Zhunge'er (Jungar) Banner. The mine began operating in 2008.
In 2011 project sponsor Beijing Energy Investment Holding said it planned to add two units to the power station, units 3-4, of 660 MW each.
The power station was permitted in October 2017. The document of the permit says the project will support the power transmission line from West Inner Mongolia to Tianjin.
Since the permit is to export power outside the region, the project may be exempt from restrictions on new coal plants in "red light" areas, which includes Inner Mongolia. (The restrictions and exemptions were announced in 2016-2017 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.)
Construction on units 3-4 began in October 2017.
- Sponsor: Inner Mongolia Jingtai Electric Power Generation
- Parent company: Beijing Energy Group (51%), Inner Mongolia Yitai Group (29%), Guangdong Yudean Group (20%)
- Location: Xuejiawan Town, Zhunge'er (Junggar) Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.711744, 111.200548 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2); Construction (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1&2: 300 MW); 1,320 MW (Units 3&4: 660 MW)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1-2); Supercritical (Units 3-4)
- Start year: 2010 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source: Suancigou coal mine, Zhunge'er (Jungar) Banner
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "乘科学发展之风 为可持续发展之源——京能集团建设酸刺沟煤矸石发电示范项目之路," 内蒙古京泰发电有限责任公司, Feb 8, 2010
- "内蒙古伊泰京粤酸刺沟矿业有限责任公司," Yitai Coal Co., accessed July 2015
- "酸刺沟矸石电厂二期（2×660MW）工程可行性研究报告通过审查," 京泰发电公司 王彦霖, 1-20-2011
- "内蒙古酸刺沟电厂二期2×660MW机组工程环境影响评价信息第一次公示," 2014-05-26
- "公司中标北京能源集团内蒙古酸刺沟2台660兆瓦机组项目," Dongfang Turbine, 8月4日2014
- "内蒙古自治区发展和改革委员会关于内蒙古京泰发电有限责任公司酸刺沟电厂二期项目核准的批复," Inner Mongolia government, 2017-10-10
- "准旗又一重点项目开工建设," 鄂尔多斯晚报, 2017-10-24