John A. Palmer
"John A. Palmer graduated from Duke University with a B.A. in psychology and received his Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Texas at Austin. After spending two years on the psychology faculty at McGill University, he entered parapsychology on a full-time basis. In addition to heading the graduate program in parapsychology at John F. Kennedy University from 1977-1981, he has held research positions at the University of Virginia, University of California at Davis, and the University of Utrecht in The Netherlands. He has served twice as President of the Parapsychological Association. He is presently Director of Research at the Rhine Research Center in Durham, NC, where he also edits the Journal of Parapsychology and serves as Director of their Summer Study Program for students. Dr. Palmer has published numerous scientific articles and book chapters, and he is co-author of the book Foundations of Parapsychology: Exploring the Boundaries of Human Capability." 
- Former President, American Society for Psychical Research
- Director of Research, Rhine Research Center Durham, NC
- Former President of the Parapsychological Association 1971, 1979, 1992.
- Editor, Journal of Parapsychology
Resources and articles
- parapsych.org John A. Palmer, organizational web page, accessed July 23, 2013.