"Now working as an Adviser to the Further Education Commissioner and working as a consultant to Sixth Form Colleges, Colleges of Further Education and Academies regarding financial matters, governance and structural change.
"My early career was in banking and I remain a Chartered Banker.
"I then left to form a financial services business which I developed to be the largest IFA in the Fylde before selling my shareholding in 2011 and finally stepping down in January 2013." 
- Director, Knibbs Property Ltd 
- Managing Director, Beingcareful Limited (Property Investment Company) - June 2002 – Present 16 years 11 months
- Director, John Boyle Consulting LImited - October 2013 – Present
- Director of Funding and Finance Hub, Sixth Form College Association - September 2016 – Present 2 years 8 months
- Chair, Fylde Coast Academy Trust