John H. Hinderaker
Hinderaker's "claim to fame" at Power Line is for the "2004 reporting on 'Rathergate.' Hinderaker helped expose as fake a series of documents claimed by CBS's Dan Rather to be about George Bush's service in the Texas Air National Guard--a revelation that helped lead to the famous anchor's resignation."
"It must be very strange to be President Bush. A man of extraordinary vision and brilliance approaching to genius, he can't get anyone to notice. He is like a great painter or musician who is ahead of his time, and who unveils one masterpiece after another to a reception that, when not bored, is hostile."—John Hinderaker, Power Line Blog, July 28, 2005.
Hinderaker and Johnson have written "on public policy issues including income inequality, income taxes, campaign finance reform, affirmative action, welfare reform, and race in the criminal justice system. ... Their articles have appeared in National Review, The American Enterprise, American Experiment Quarterly, and newspapers from Florida to California."
In 1974, Hineraker earned his J.D. from Harvard Law School, graduating cum laude. In 1971, he graduated with a A.B., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, from Dartmouth College in New Hampshire.
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Bio: John H. Hinderaker, Faegre & Benson LLP, accessed August 28, 2007. Biographical profile lists law cases won by Hinderaker.
- Power Line Blog.
- Scholar: John H. Hinderaker, Claremont Institute, accessed August 28, 2007. Includes links to articles archived on the Claremont Institute website.
- About Us, Power Line Blog, accessed August 28, 2007.
- In Pictures: The Web Celeb 25: John H. Hinderaker, Forbes, January 23, 2007.
- John Hinderaker, "A Stroke of Genius," Power Line Blog, July 28, 2005.
- Person Role Detail: John Hinderaker, Media Transparency.
- Profile: Center of the American Experiment, Media Transparency.
Articles by John H. Hinderaker
- "A Study in Abuse. The media ignores the facts about Koran abuse and piles on the Army," The Weekly Standard, June 6, 2005.
- "Preparing for World War III. Replacing Rehnquist before O'Connor makes matters tougher on the Bush administration and guarantees a showdown with liberal interest groups," The Weekly Standard, September 8, 2005.
- With Paul Mirengoff, "Why Alito's the Man for the True Conservative Agenda," November 6, 2005.
Articles about John H. Hinderaker
- City Gritty. Best of the Twin Cities 2005: "Best Meltdown": John Hinderaker, City Pages, 2005. Note that the "meltdown" was re fake White House reporter Jeff Gannon.
- "John Hinderaker - Greed," Republican Sinners Blogspot, January 17, 2005.
- Jerome Armstrong, "John Hinderaker on Jimmy Carter: 'He's on the other side'," MyDD, February 16, 2005.
- Transcript: CNN Reliable Sources, February 20, 2005. re "Was Gannon Targeted by Liberal Blogs?"
- Jerome Armstrong, "John Hinderaker unhinged," MyDD, February 21, 2005.
- Nico Pitney, "Hindrocket’s Hackery," Think Progress, April 14, 2005.
- Ezra Klein, "Yawn," EzraKlein Blogspot, April 22, 2005.
- "Malkins and Hinderaker: Not of an age, but for all time," Chase me ladies, I'm in the cavalry Blogspot, October 15, 2005.
- "Power Line’s John Hinderaker on Miers Withdrawing," The Deets, October 25, 2005.
- "That was now, this is then," Is That Legal?, October 26, 2005.
- Gavin M., "John Hinderaker, super-genius," Sadly, No! Blog, December 21, 2005.
- "Warning: Innate ignorance ahead," TBogg Blogspot, February 16, 2006.
- Judd Legum, "Is John Hinderaker Nuts?" Think Progress, March 5, 2006.
- Glenn Greenwald, "Will Howard Kurtz continue to put John Hinderaker on his CNN show?" Crooks and Liars, August 28, 2006.
- Glenn Greenwald, "Hinderaker shows us the central defect in the mindset of Bush followers," Unclaimed Territory, September 5, 2006.
- Glenn Greenwald, "John Hinderaker's defense of Denny Hastert," Unclaimed Territory, October 1, 2006.
- John Cole, "John Hinderaker - Total Idiot," Balloon Juice, November 11, 2006.
- Interviews: John Hinderaker, PBS Frontline, February 27, 2007.
- Cenk Uygur and Ben Mankiewicz, "Is John Hinderaker Ignorant or Purposely Misleading?" The Young Turks, March 5, 2007.
- Christopher Null, "The 50 Most Important People on the Web," PC World, March 5, 2007.
- Gavin M., "John Hinderaker: The Trofim Lysenko Of Our Time?" Sadly, No! Blog, March 29, 2007.
- "UPDATE: CNN's Ware flatly denies report that he 'heckled' McCain, but right-wing media flog it anyway," Media Matters for America, April 2, 2007.
- Eric Boehlert, "Can conservative bloggers tell the truth?" Media Matters for America, April 18, 2007.
- Mona, "Crafty Political Operative John Hinderaker on Despising Hagel," High Clearing, May 15, 2007.
- John Cole, "Great Moments In Political Hackery," Balloon Juice, July 16, 2007.