Dr. John Kilama is founder and president of the Global Bioscience Development Institute, with an interest in Intellectual Property rights and Biotechnology Strategy development.
Prior to this, Kilama was a Senior Medicinal Research Chemist at DuPont for ten years, where he was awarded several patents that cover applications of new classes of chemicals for crop protection.
According to a note on the Public Interest Intellectual Property Advisors website, "He also helped established several collaborations between DuPont and other institutions in developing countries. He developed an approach to establishing a long lasting, workable relationship between multi-national corporations and institutions in developing countries." 
- Global Bioscience Development Institute, Founder President
- Public Interest Intellectual Property Advisors, Director
- Africa Biotech, "Media contact"
- Union Institute, Adjunct Professor
- Initiative on Public-Private Partnership for Health, Director