John M. Schubert Director of BHP Limited since June 2000 and a Director of BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc since June 2001. Dr Schubert was re-elected in 2006.
"John Schubert has considerable experience in the international oil industry including at CEO level. He has had executive mining and financial responsibilities and was CEO of Pioneer International Limited for six years where he operated in the building materials industry in 16 countries. He has experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestments, project analysis and management. He was previously Chairman and Managing Director of Esso Australia Limited and President of the Business Council of Australia.
- Chairman of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (since November 2004) and Director (since October 1991)
- Chair, Great Barrier Reef Research Foundation 
- Director of Qantas Airways Limited (since October 2000)
- Chairman of G2 Therapies Limited (since November 2000)
- Former Director of Hanson Plc (from May 2000 until May 2003)
- Former Chairman and Director of Worley Parsons Limited (from November 2002 until February 2005)