John Paul Lederach
John Paul Lederach "is the founding director of EMU’s Conflict Transformation Program and its associated Institute for Justice and Peacebuilding. Dr. Lederach has extensive experience as a peacebuilding practitioner, trainer and consultant throughout Latin America, Africa and the U.S.
"He has pioneered in developing elicitive methods of conflict resolution training and practice, and is a widely published theorist in both English and Spanish. He holds a Ph.D. in sociology from the University of Colorado and has been at EMU since 1990." 
- Director, International Institute for Sustained Dialogue
- Editorial Board, Journal of Peace and Conflict Studies 
- Into The Eye Of The Storm: A Handbook of International Peacebuilding (co-authored with Janice Jenner)
- Building Peace: Sustainable Reconciliation in Divided Societies (United States Institute of Peace Press, 1998).
- From the Ground Up : Mennonite Contributions to International Peacebuilding (co-author Cynthia Sampson) (Oxford University Press, 2000).
- Journey Toward Reconciliation
- Preparing for Peace: Conflict Transformation Across Cultures (Syracuse Studies on Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- The Little Book of Conflict Transformation
- The Moral Imagination : The Art and Soul of Building Peace (Oxford University Press, 2005).