John Rendon is CEO of Rendon Group (TRG) and a self-described "information warrior." He was formerly Executive Director and National Political Director for the Democratic Party of the United States, Director of Scheduling for President Jimmy Carter, and Analyst for American Political System for BBC World TV. In Weapons of Mass Deception and The Best War Ever Sheldon Rampton and John Stauber report on Rendon's work for the CIA naming and nurturing the Ahmed Chalabi's Iraqi National Congress, the source of much of the misinformation and propaganda about non-existent Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, including front page New York Times articles by Judith Miller.
- John Rendon, Neocon Europe, accessed 14 May, 2009.
- Paul Rouse, "The First Casualty" PRWatch, November 2006.
- Mark Borkowski, "The real sultan of spin", John Rendon is one of the most powerful men in the world, but the PR specialist rarely comes of out of the shadows," Mark Borkowski, posted online January 31, 2005. Also, the Independent (UK)($), posted January 31, 2005.
- James Bamford, "The Man Who Sold the War", Rolling Stone, posted online November 17, 2005.
- Rendon Group, "Letter to the Editor of Rolling Stone Magazine", November 18, 2005.
- Alex Chadwick, "'The Man Who Sold the War': Marketing Iraq", Day to Day, NPR, December 2, 2005.
- Kim Barker and Stephen J. Hedges, "U.S. paid for media firm Afghans didn't want: Millions spent despite complaints deals were 'rip-off' to taxpayers," Chicago Tribune, December 13, 2005.
- Fariba Nawa, "Pink 'iPods' for Democracy!" CorpWatch, March 15, 2006. See sidebar "The Information War."
- John Stauber, John Rendon's Long, Strange Trip in the Terror Wars, www.PRWatch.org, July 11, 2006.
- James Bamford, Iran: The Next War, Rolling Stone, July 26, 2006.