|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
John Todd (Nat. Tob. personnel, 1988)
"Dr. John Todd, winner of the 2008 Buckminster Fuller Challenge, is one of the pioneers in the emerging field of ecological design and engineering. He has degrees in agriculture (McGill University), parasitology & tropical medicine (McGill University) and a doctorate in fisheries and ethology from the University of Michigan. He has received two honorary doctorates in science and engineering respectively.
"Dr. Todd is a Research Professor in the School of Natural Resources and a Distinguished Lecturer at the University of Vermont. Also, he is a Fellow of the Gund Institute for Ecological Economics at UVM.
"He is the Founder and President of Ocean Arks International, a non-profit research and education organization established in 1981, and the Founder and a Principal in Todd Ecological Design, an international ecological design and engineering firm based in Woods Hole on Cape Cod." 
"Among other awards Dr. Todd has received, in 1994, the Daimler-Chrysler Award for Innovation in Design, in 1996, the Environmental Merit Award (from the US Environmental Protection Agency), in 1998, the Bioneers Lifetime Achievement Award. Also in 1998, he and Nancy Jack Todd together received the Lindbergh Award in recognition of their work in technology and the environment and are Fellows of the Findhorn Foundation." 
Nancy Jack Todd is a writer and editor based on Cape Cod, where she gardens and swims and publishes the environmental journal Annals of Earth. Her other books, with John Todd, include Tomorrow is Our Permanent Address and From Eco-Cities to Living Machines.
- Associate Editor, Solutions Journal 
- Advisory Board, Earth Restoration Corps
- Advisory Board, E. F. Schumacher Society
- Advisory Board, Sustainable Settings 
- Fellow (2008), Lindisfarne Association 
- Fellow, Gund Institute for Ecological Economics 
- Jury Member (2009), Buckminster Fuller Challenge
Resources and articles
- Jurors, Buckminster Fuller Challenge, accessed December 8, 2011.
- John Todd (biologist) – Introduction, petererickson, accessed December 8, 2011.
- Solutions Journal Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed June 18, 2013.
- National Advisory Board, Sustainable Settings, accessed December 8, 2011.
- Roster of the Fellows for 2008, williamirwinthompson.org, accessed October 4, 2008.
- Fellows and Personnel, Gund Institute for Ecological Economics, accessed February 9, 2009.
<tdo>resource_id=35728 resource_code=todd_john search_term=John Todd</tdo>