Rabbi Sir Jonathan Sacks "has been Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth since September 1, 1991, the sixth incumbent since 1845.
"Widely recognised as one of the world's leading contemporary exponents of Judaism, Britain’s Prime Minster Gordon Brown, said of him (May 2003): “The Chief Rabbi is not just a distinguished scholar but a distinguished spiritual leader and a globally respected ambassador for the Jewish community here in Britain. He is respected in every continent because he has done more than anyone in Britain today to focus our attention on the needs and challenges of community in the global world.”" 
- President, Council of Christians and Jews 
- Advisory Council, Tony Blair Faith Foundation 
- Honorary President, United Jewish Israel Appeal
- Patron, Alister Hardy Trust 
- Patron, Survivor's Fund 
- Honorary Board of Advisors, One Voice 
- Winner of the 2004 Grawemeyer Award 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Chief Rabbi, Jonathan Sacks, accessed August 21, 2008.
- Council of Christians and Jews Patron, Presidents, and Vice Presidents, organizational web page, accessed April 16, 2013.
- Advisory Council, Tony Blair Faith Foundation, accessed August 21, 2008.
- trinitysaintdavid About the Trust, organizational web page, accessed May 2, 2012.
- People, Survivors Fund, accessed May 31, 2010.
- OneVoice Honorary Board of Advisors, organizational web page, accessed January 13, 2013.
- Previous Winners, Grawemeyer Awards, accessed March 23, 2009.