Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "José Galli has degrees in Agronomy and Science, has always worked in governmental institutions, starting with research in plant pathology. Later shifting to rice breeding, either as teacher, breeder and coordinator, he was co-responsible of the release of cultivars that increased more than two-fold rice yields in the southern Brazilian States. Taking into consideration co-evolutionary forces, he established relationships between cultivated and weedy rice (red and black) related to its control, and, based on cryptic variation, he demonstrated biological inadequacy of cultivars protecting laws, but for patented or GM materials. In 2005, during a three month period at FAO, he helped in the analysis of and alternative proposals for the NARS of eight countries, focusing particularly on the plant breeding capacity."
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building
- U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization
- FAO Plant Production and Protection Division
- Team and Contributors, Accessed October 28, 2011.