Julia Marton Lefèvre is the former Rector "of the University for Peace in Costa Rica and Vice Chair of the World Resources Institute. She is a former Executive Director of Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD) and of the International Council for Science (ICSU)." 
"Julia Marton-Lefèvre has been Director-General of IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) since January 2007. Prior to this position, she was Rector of the University for Peace, Executive Director of LEAD International and Executive Director of the International Council for Science. She is a member of several boards in the fields of environment, development, science and international cooperation. In 1999, she received the AAAS Award for International Cooperation in Science. In 2008, she was awarded the “Chevalier de l’Ordre national de la Légion d’Honneur” by the French G overnment and was named Global Ambassador for Hungarian Culture. She is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society of the United Kingdom and she studied history, ecology and environmental planning in the USA and France." 
- Member, Global Leadership Network 
- Management Committee, Institute for Media, Peace and Security
- Trustee, Bibliotheca Alexandria
- International Advisory Group, Gateway Trust
- Advisor, Alliance for Upeace
- Science and Policy Advisory Council, Global Footprint Network 
- Member, China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development 
- Council, University for Peace 
- Prize Jury, Volvo Environment Prize 
- Global Advisory Committee, Earth Day Network 
- Advisory Council, Oxford Martin School 
- Trustee, World Conservation Society 
- International Advisory Board, Turkana Basin Institute 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- People, The Gateway Trust, accessed February 28, 2008.
- Trustees, Bibliotheca Alexandria, accessed February 10, 2011.
- Global Leadership Network Members, organizational web page, accessed May 5, 2012.
- Science and Policy Advisory Council, Global Footprint Network, accessed April 24, 2008.
- Membership, China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development, accessed August 27, 2008.
- Council, University for Peace, accessed December 24, 2008.
- Prize Jury, Volvo Environment Prize, accessed October 6, 2009.
- Earth Day Network Global Advisory Committee, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2013.
- Oxford Martin School Advisory Council, organizational web page, accessed February 17, 2015 .
- World Conservation Society Trustees, organizational web page, accessed March 9, 2019.