""Julia has founded or helped in the founding of" Demos. Impetus Trust. The Media Standards Trust, The Good Governance Network, and Alfanar. She is also on the Advisory Group of the Oxford Business School. 
Its courses run in 11 countries worldwide and aim at improving the way organisations work by increasing the number of informed individuals who are actively involved in shaping the future of the area in which they work.
Since 1989, more than 25,000 leaders have completed one or more Common Purpose courses.
Alongside her role as CEO of Common Purpose, Julia occupies a number of non-executive roles, including Deputy Chair of the Media Standards Trust Board, a registered charity that runs Journalisted, a free online journalist portfolio designed to improve public accountability in journalism.
Julia is also the Chair of the Board of Trustees for Alfanar, a venture philanthropy fund set up to assist organisations in the Arab region.
In 2010, it was translated into Hungarian and published by HVG Konyvek.
In June 2008, Julia spoke at the Impact International Conference on ‘Leadership for Sustainable Enterprise’.
Julia spoke at a Faith Regen Foundation conference about Women’s Role in peaceful coexistence on 17 June 2008.
On 22 September 2008, Julia was invited to speak on a panel about company values at the AW Page Society annual conference in Cape Cod.
In The Media
Julia Middleton is often called upon to contribute to or comment on leadership news in publications. These include:
- Moving outside your comfort zone, The Guardian, 30 March 2007
- Leading leaders to tomorrow's world is a job for learning and development professionals, Personnel Today, 22 January 2008
- The wealth of experience, The Guardian, 16 April 2008
- Unlock leadership potential: how to, Personnel Today, 10 June 2008
In January 2010, Julia and Common Purpose UK were featured in a Daily Telegraph Business Club video that explored how the organisation has expanded internationally without becoming fragmented or diluted.
- “One of Middleton's great skills is to persuade police constables, youth group organisers, permanent secretaries, FTSE chief executives and head teachers that they can learn from each other and could even cure some of society's ills.”
Charles Handy, in The New Alchemists also said:
- "How Julia came to be the force she is, the values she holds and the way she applies them, contains messages for many who dream of making the difference she has made."
- Julia Middleton About, organizational web page, accessed May 16, 2012.
- Palgrave Macmillan publishers of Beyond Authority by Julia Middleton
- The Wealth of Experience The Guardian, 16 April 2008 (Article by Julia Middleton)
- Be yourself – but know who you are meant to be The Financial Times, 17 March 2008 (Comments by Julia Middleton)
- Networking | Generation Y recognise the benefits Personnel Today 'Work Clinic' (Research by Common Purpose and comments by Julia Middleton)