Jump to navigation Jump to search
KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, "is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools in under-resourced communities throughout the United States." 
- "KIPP began in 1994 when two teachers, Mike Feinberg and Dave Levin, launched a fifth grade public school program in inner-city Houston, TX, after completing their commitment to Teach For America. In 1995, Feinberg remained in Houston to lead KIPP Academy Middle School, and Levin returned home to New York City to establish KIPP Academy in the South Bronx.
- "Since their founding, the original KIPP Academies have sustained track records of high student achievement. While fewer than one in five low-income students typically attend college nationally, KIPP’s college matriculation rate stands at nearly 80 percent for students who complete the eighth grade at KIPP. In addition, KIPP alumni have earned over $12 million in college scholarships." 
Leadership Team 
- Richard Barth, Chief Executive Officer
- Darryl Cobb, Chief Learning Officer
- Janay Henry, Director, Strategic Human Resources
- John Kanberg, Director, Legal & Sustainability Services
- Steve Mancini, Director, Public Affairs
- Diane Robinson, National Director, Recruitment & Selection
- Lizz Pawlson, Director, New Site Development
- Tina Sachs, CPA, Controller
- David Wick, Chief Development Officer
- Donald Fisher, Chairman - Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Gap, Inc.
- Richard Barth, President - CEO, KIPP Foundation
- Mike Feinberg - KIPP Co-Founder; Superintendent, KIPP Houston
- Doris Fisher - Founder, Gap, Inc.
- John Fisher - President, Pisces, Inc.
- Scott Hamilton - KIPP Co-Founder; Senior Research Fellow, Thomas B. Fordham Institute
- Reed Hastings - Founder and CEO, Netflix, Inc.
- Shawn M. Hurwitz - President and CEO, MAXXAM Property Company
- Dave Levin - KIPP Co-Founder; Superintendent, KIPP New York
- Michael L. Lomax - President and CEO, United Negro College Fund
- Tracy McDaniel - Founder and Principal, KIPP Reach College Preparatory
- Mark Nunnelly - Managing Director, Bain Capital
- Web: http://www.kipp.org