Kaifeng-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Kaifeng-2 power station (中电投开封发电厂) is a 1,260-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Henan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Tubaigang, in Shunhe Hui District, Kaifeng Prefecture, Henan Province.
Background on Plant
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
- Sponsor: CPI Henan Electric Power Co
- Parent company: State Power Investment Corporation
- Location: Tubaigang, Shunhe Hui District, Kaifeng Prefecture, Henan Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.8060821, 114.4450842 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,260 MW (Units 1 & 2: 630 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2008-09
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: