Kenneth C. Scheflen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kenneth C. Scheflen is a former long-time Department of Defense executive. Until July 2004, he was director of the Defense Manpower Data Center. He then left to join Viisage as Senior Vice President and General Manager of Federal Solutions. Viisage describes itself as 'a leading provider of advanced technology identity solutions' .
According to the Viisage press release announcing that he was joining the company , Ken Scheflen:
- Joined the Department of Defense in 1974.
- Was given the Secretary of Defense Meritorious Civilian Service Award in 1987 and 2001.
- Was given the Presidential Rank of Meritorious Executive in 1996 and 2001.
- Is a member of the American Society of Access Professionals.
- Is a recognized expert on the protection of personal privacy in automated systems.
- Graduated from Yale University with a bachelor's degree in psychology and a master's degree in administrative sciences.
In May 2004, while director of the Defense Manpower Data Center, Scheflen participated in a one-day conference in the UK called "ID Cards: The Next Steps" .
- "Viisage Appoints Longtime Department of Defense Executive Kenneth C. Scheflen New Senior Vice President and General Manager of Federal Solutions", Press release, Viisage, July 12, 2004.
- "Up to the Challenge - ICT Industry Demonstrates ID Cards Delivery", Press Release, Intellect, 24 May, 2004.