Khehla Shubane is a research officer at the Centre for Policy Studies (South Africa).
"Mr. Shubane was tried, convicted and imprisoned on Robben Island (1976-1982) during South Africa’s apartheid era. He was active in the Soweto Civil Association and helped to coordinate the Anti-Community Council Campaign in Soweto. He served on the National Executive Committee of the Azanian Student’s Organization and worked for the Soweto Parents’ Crisis Committee to convene the conference at which the National Education Crisis Committee was formed. Mr. Shubane serves as a director of SANGONET, Open Society Foundation of South Africa and Rand Merchant Bank." 
"Formerly a CPS Senior Researcher for years and subsequently a Research Fellow, he went on to play a role in the establishment of the Nelson Mandela Foundation. He also served as Chief Executive Officer of Business Map Foundation (a research institution focusing on black economic empowerment and monitoring foreign investment patterns). Until recently, Khehla was one of the long serving CPS Board Members before becoming a Research Associate." 
"Khehla Shubane graduated at the University of the Witwatersrand. Prior to this he was a student at the University of the North where his studies were terminated following his arrest for political activities, conviction and sentence which he served on Robben Island. Upon his release he was employed at Liberty Life for a short time. He served on various political organisations until joining the Centre for Policy Studies in 1988." 
- Director, RMB Holdings
- International Working and Advisory Group, Comparative Human Relations Initiative
- International Advisory Board, Council on Foreign Relations 
- Director, MMI Holdings 
- "Khehla Shubane", (Biographical note), Undated, Accessed July 2007.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Research Personnel, Centre for Policy Studies, accessed March 10, 2010.
- RMB Holdings Board, organizational web page, accessed September 1, 2012.
- International Advisory Board, Council on Foreign Relations, accessed September 21, 2008.
- MMI Holdings Board, organizational web page, accessed September 1, 2012.