The Korea Society "is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) organization with individual and corporate members that is dedicated solely to the promotion of greater awareness, understanding and cooperation between the people of the United States and Korea. In pursuit of its mission, the Society arranges programs that facilitate discussion, exchanges and research on topics of vital interest to both countries in the areas of public policy, business, education, intercultural relations and the arts. Funding for these programs is derived from contributions, endowments, grants, membership dues and program fees. From its base in New York City, the Society serves audiences across the country through its own outreach efforts and by forging strategic alliances with counterpart organizations in other cities throughout the United States as well as in Korea." 
Directors (As of February 12, 2007)
Accessed April 2008: 
- Donald P. Gregg - Chairman
- Evans J. R. Revere - President
- Chong-Yun Park - Partner, KPMG LLP - Treasurer
- Ji Hoon Hong - Of Counsel, Capital Markets–Americas Group, Shearman & Sterling LLP - Corporate Secretary
- Michael Ahn - President & CEO, LG Electronics, North America HQ
- Robert D. Bauerlein - VP, International Operations, The Boeing Company
- Anil Bhalla - Managing Director, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Carter Booth
- Nicholas Bratt - Managing Director, Lazard Asset Management LLC
- Young H.T. Cho - Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- James F. Dowd - Chairman, President & CEO, Fairfax, Inc.
- Robert E. Fallon - Former Chairman & CEO, Korea Exchange Bank
- William W. Ferguson - Group Marketing, Executive-Asia/Pacific, Citigroup
- Mark Gaston - President, Gaston Capital Management Inc.
- Thomas C. Hubbard - Senior Advisor, Kissinger McLarty Associates
- Bill Hwang - Managing Partner, Tiger Asia Management LLC
- Kye Dong Kim - General Manager, NY Branch, The Korea Development Bank
- Spencer H. Kim - Chairman, CBOL Corporation
- Stewart M. Kim - Managing Partner, PGP Capital Advisors, LLC
- Yung Duk Kim - Chairperson, Asian American Federation
- John H. Koo - President & CEO, SK USA, Inc.
- Alexandra Munroe - Senior Curator of Asian Art, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Jin Woo Nam - Executive Director, KITA, LLC
- Dong-Jin Oh - President & CEO, Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
- Stephen Pelletier - Chairman & CEO, Prudential International Investments
- Joseph V. Reed - USG/Special Advisor, The United Nations
- Mitchell B. Reiss - Vice Provost for International Affairs, The College of William & Mary
- Theodore Roosevelt IV - Managing Director, Lehman Brothers
- Lea R. Sneider - Korean Art Specialist, R-L Sneider, Inc.
- David I. Steinberg - Director of Asian Studies, SFS, Georgetown University
- Yeun Ho Suk - President, Hyosung America Inc.
- Stuart Thorson - Professor of Political Science and International Relations, The Maxwell School Syracuse University *Jong Wan Yoo - President & CEO, POSCO America Corporation