D. Kyle Sampson
D. Kyle Sampson, the former chief of staff to Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales since late 2005, stepped down in March 2007 during the Bush administration U.S. attorney firings controversy. Sampson was known as Gonzales' "gatekeeper", as well as "his traveling companion". 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Ryan Reilly, Gonzales Chief of Staff Kyle Sampson Gets His D.C. Law License," TPM Muckraker, Feb. 28, 2011.
- Richard B. Schmitt, "Key figure in Justice Dept. to step down. Gonzales' chief of staff may have played a role in the firing of seven U.S. attorneys," Los Angeles Times, March 13, 2007. also re former White House Counsel and Bush administration Supreme Court nominee Harriet E. Miers
- Murray Waas, "Gonzales Delegated Extraordinary Power to Aides," National Journal, January 28 2007.
- Eric Lipton, "Fast-Riser’s High Hopes and Sudden Fall," New York Times, March 13, 2007.
- Paul Kiel, "Schumer: Gonzales Staffer 'Will Not Become The Next Scooter Libby'," TPMmuckraker, March 13,2007.
- Michael Roston, "Sampson has close relationship with GOP senators on committee that will question him," The Raw Story, March 28, 2007.
- Eric Lipton and David Johnston,"Justice Department Announces Inquiry Into Hiring", New York Times, May 3, 2007.
- Murray Waas "Administration Withheld Emails about Rove" National Journal, May 10, 2007.
- Murray Waas "The Dog Days of Summer and Executive Privilege," personal blog, Aug. 7, 2008.
- Murray Waas, "Bush Administration Leaks Bolstered Renzi's Reelection Bid," the Hill, June 24, 2009.