L. John Doerr
John Doerr Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
"John Doerr joined Intel in 1974 just as they invented the famous "8080" 8 bit microprocessor. At Intel he held various engineering, marketing and management assignments, and was one of their top-ranked sales executives.
"In 1980 he joined Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and sponsored a series of investments including Compaq, Cypress, Intuit, Netscape, Lotus, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, S3, Sun Microsystems, Amazon.com, Symantec and Google.
"John was the founding CEO of Silicon Compilers. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Amazon.com and Google. The privately-held company boards include Zazzle, Miasole, Bloom Energy, and Spatial Photonics. He holds patents for computer memory devices he invented as a design engineer at Monsanto. His interests include the Internet, green technology and conservation, biotechnology and genomics, the improvement of K-12 education, micro-finance and debt relief.
"John Doerr was born in St. Louis, Missouri. He holds Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Electrical Engineering from Rice University and an MBA from the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration." 
- Director, Breakthrough Energy Ventures 
- Director, For the Forest 
- Director, Grameen Foundation
- Director, New Schools Venture Fund
- Director, ONE Campaign
- Aspen Institute / Aspen Strategy Group
- Cofounder, FWD.us 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Directors, ONE Campaign, accessed January 27, 2009.
- ↑ Board and investors, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, accessed January 22, 2021.
- ↑ Boards, For The Forest, accessed November 28, 2011.
- ↑ FWD.us Supporters, organizational web page, accessed May 14, 2013.