Lamar Advertising Company, based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, U.S.A., operates about 150,000 billboards in the U.S. and Canada. It also offers advertising on buses and other outdoor areas. Competitors are CBS Outdoor and Clear Channel Outdoor. CEO Kevin P. Reilly, Jr. and family control 74% of the company. 
Lamar rejects pro-gay ads
Georgia Equality, a gay rights group, ran a series of billboard ads successfully in Atlanta, Georgia with the theme "We Are Your Neighbors". It showed gay men and lesbians in different professions such as firefighters and doctors. The billboard company used was Clear Channel. When the group tried to run the ads in other parts of the state, Lamar Adverstising which is by far the largest billboard company throughout the state, refused to carry the ads. 
Key executives and 2006 pay: 
- Kevin P. Reilly, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, $1,400,000
- Keith A. Istre, Chief Financial Officer, $887,000
- Sean E. Reilly, Chief Operating Officer
Members of the Board of Directors: 
- Anna Reilly Cullinan, Also a a director of St. Joseph Capital Corporation
- John Maxwell Hamilton, Also Dean of the Manship School of Mass Communications of Louisiana State University
- Robert M. Jelenic, Also Chief Executive Officer of the Journal Register Company
5551 Corporate Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Related SourceWatch articles
- Profile Lamar Advertising, Hoovers, accessed October 2007.
- Home page, Lamar Advertising of Colorado Springs, accessed October 2007.
- "Billboard company rejects pro-gay ads", Gay.com, August 1, 2005.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed October 2007.
- Lamar Advertising Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed October 2007.
- Board of Directors, Lamar Advertising, accessed October 2007.