Lanzhou Fanjiaping power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Lanzhou Fanjiaping power station (国电兰州范家坪热电厂) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
It is the expansion project of Guodian Lanzhou Cogen Power Station, in a different location.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Xigu District, Lanzhou Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Plant
Lanzhou Fanjiaping power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW in Gansu Province. The plant was completed in 2011, and was originally owned by China Guodian. NDRC granted permit to its construction in December 2008. The plant was commissioned in 2011, supplying heat to 13.7 million square meters of Lanzhou Western area, besides generating electricity to the Grid. 
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian Corp
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Xigu District, Lanzhou Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.07583, 103.67743 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW)
- In service: 2011
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电兰州热电有限责任公司热电联产扩建工程机组规模变更补充环境影响评价信息公示," 国电兰州范坪热电有限责任公司, 2013-05-13
- "国电兰州热电有限责任公司热电联产扩建工程机组规模变更补充环境影响评价信息公示", 兰州市人民政府, 2013-05-13
- "国电兰州热电有限公司2×30万千瓦热电联产项目通过核准"National Energy Administration, 2009-02-25
- "关于国电兰州热电有限责任公司热电联产扩建（2×300MW）工程竣工环境保护验收合格的函"MEPC, 2014-12-12
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017