Latrobe Valley coal project
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Victoria and coal|
2019 Hot Topics
The Latrobe Valley coal project is a coal exploration area held by Mantle Mining.
In late July 2011 Mantle Mining stated that the area is "area is prospective for both black and brown coal deposits including many historical mines within the Gippsland Basin. The tenements immediately abut the main Latrobe Valley depression. There is a high level of prospectivity that the historic Wonthaggi Black coal seams exist at depth within the project area."
Articles and resources
- Mantle Mining, "Deans Marsh Update", Mantle Mining, July 28, 2011.
Related SourceWatch articles
- 2002 Victorian coal allocation
- Researching coal in Victoria
- 2010 Victorian election and coal
- Australia and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Australia
- New South Wales and coal
- Queensland and coal
- South Australia and coal
- Western Australia and coal
- Coal terminals