Lee H. Hamilton
Lee Herbert Hamilton of Indiana is the Director of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
He is also on the board of counselors for the Arabic media group Layalina Productions, is a Trustee of the Council for Excellence in Government, and is a director of the National Endowment for Democracy and InterAction.
Hamilton is a Commissioner on the U.S. Commission on National Security/21st Century / Hart-Rudman Commission and Vice Chair of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission). On June 11, 2002, Hamilton was appointed to President George Walker Bush's Homeland Security Advisory Council.
Hamilton is Director, The Center of Congress at Indiana University (1999-present); served thirty-four years as the United States Representative from Ninth District, Indiana (1965 - 1999); was the Ranking Democratic Member, Committee on International Relations, Member and Former Chairman, Joint Economic Committee, and was the Former Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs where he was the ranking Democrat for ten years and was Committee Chairman during the 103rd Congress; served on the Joint Committee on the Organization of Congress October Surprise Task Force and Select Committee to Investigate Covert Arms Transactions with Iran, and a member of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
Hamilton received a Bachelor of Arts, DePauw University and Goethe University, Frankfurt Germany; and a Graduate, Indiana University School of Law. He is also affiliated with The Alfalfa Club.
- Founding Cochair, Partnership to Cut Hunger and Poverty in Africa 
- Advisory Board, American Institutions of Democracy 
- Advisory Board, Partnership for a Secure America
- Advisory Board, Terror Free Tomorrow
- Advisory Council, International Center for Religion and Diplomacy 
- Leadership Council, Initiative for Global Development 
- Received Baha'i Humanitarian Award, 1995 
- Honorary Member, Academy of Political Science 
- Honorary Chair, World Justice Project 
- Former Director, Population Action International
- Director, Global Green USA 
- International Board, U.S./Middle East Project 
- Patron, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect 
- Council Member, US Asia Pacific Council 
Resources and articles
- ↑ Executive Committee, Partnership to Cut Hunger and Poverty in Africa, accessed January 19, 2009.
- ↑ Advisory Board, Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands, accessed March 19, 2008.
- ↑ Advisory Council, International Center for Religion and Diplomacy, accessed August 26, 2008.
- ↑ Leadership, Initiative for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.
- ↑ The Making of U.S. Foreign Policy, Department of State, accessed September 22, 2007.
- ↑ Directors, Academy of Political Science, accessed April 15, 2008.
- ↑ About, World Justice Project, accessed April 27, 2008.
- ↑ Staff and Board, Global Green USA, accessed August 3, 2008.
- ↑ International Board, U.S./Middle East Project, accessed October 25, 2009.
- ↑ Patrons, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, accessed December 11, 2009.
- ↑ Members, East West Center, accessed December 11, 2010.
- "Kean, Hamilton: Iraq War a Mistake," NewsMax, August 13, 2006.
- ”Biography”, Accessed January 2007.