"I was elected as the Labour MP for Leicester West on May 6th 2010. I’m also a member of Labour’s frontbench team, attending the Shadow Cabinet as the Shadow Minister for Care and Older People.... As Director of the Ambulance Service Network – the national organisation that represents all NHS ambulance services – I worked with NHS staff and patients’ groups to make sure everyone gets the best possible urgent and emergency care. As Director of the Maternity Alliance charity, I campaigned to improve maternity and paternity pay and leave, to give parents more rights to flexible working, and to provide better health services and childcare for new parents and their babies.
"I’ve worked for two ‘think-tanks’: the Institute for Public Policy Research, where I was the Associate Director for health, social care and children’s early years; and the King's Fund, where I was a researcher on the public health programme focusing on tackling local health inequalities."
"She was special adviser to Patricia Hewitt MP, when she was secretary of state for health (2005 – 2007) and secretary of state for trade and industry and minister for women (2004 – 2005)... Liz has also been a research fellow for the King’s Fund’s Public Health Programme and a special adviser to Harriet Harman MP, when she was secretary of state for social security and minister for women." 
On January 13, 2015, she supported the Government's "Charter for Budget Responsibility" which will see a further £30 billion cut from the Government's budget.
- Vice Chair, Progress 
- Vice President, Voluntary Action Leicester 
- Patron, Shama Women’s Centre 
- Signatory (in 2010), The Westminster Declaration 
- Patron, Home Start Leicester 
- Michael Barker, "Liz Kendall’s Corporate Class", Blog, September 27, 2014.
Resources and articles
- Christian Action Research and Education - formerly accepted intern sponsorship from them
- Arthur Smith - friend who is brother of Dr. Richard Smith
- Greg Davies - partner 
- Vijay Singh Riyait
- Liz Kendall About, organizational web page, accessed June 20, 2012.
- guardian.co.uk Profile, organizational web page, accessed July 25, 2012.
- Progress About, organizational web page, accessed June 30, 2012.
- Voluntary Action Leicestershire Trustee Board Members 2012-2013, organizational web page, accessed March 27, 2013.
- Westminster Declaration, Christian Voice, accessed June 9, 2015.