Lord Browne of Madingley
"Lord Browne was chief executive of BP from 1995 to 2007 and is a former President of the Royal Academy of Engineering. He is also former Chair of the Trustees of the Tate galleries and will serve as Chairman of the Courtauld Institute of Art from September 2017. He sits as a crossbench member of the House of Lords, was the government's lead non-executive director from 2010 to 2015, and chaired the committee which published the 'Browne Review' on higher education funding and student finance in 2010. He is currently Executive Chairman of L1 Energy and Chairman of Huawei Technologies (UK), and is a member of the boards of a number of other private and not-for-profit organisations."
Lord Browne was "appointed an executive director and Group Chief Executive of BP p.l.c. (under its former name, The British Petroleum Company p.l.c.) in 1995. He is also a director of Intel Corporation, a member of the Chairman's Council of DaimlerChrysler AG and a trustee of the British Museum."
- Chair, Francis Crick Institute
- Chair, LetterOne Group
- Chairman, Cuadrilla Resources
- Co-vice President, Fauna and Flora International 
- Trustee (Chair), Tate Gallery 
- Winner (2006), Tallberg Foundation Award 
- Patron, World Sustainable Development Forum 
- Advisory Board, Performance Theatre Foundation 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Adam Lury - his former advisor
- Francis Crick Institute Lord Browne, accessed May 3, 2020.
- Riverstone Holdings People, organizational web page, accessed May 21, 2014.
- Governance, Fauna and Flora International, accessed October 3, 2008.
- Trustees, Tate Gallery, accessed May 21, 2010.
- Award, Tallberg Foundation, accessed November 15, 2010.
- World Sustainable Development Forum Patrons, organizational web page, accessed October 21, 2012.
- About, Performance Theatre Foundation, accessed June 30, 2015.