Louise W. Moore Pine
Louise W. Moore Pine (died in 2009)"Born September 20, 1919 in Newark, NJ she was a daughter of the late Dr. Willoughby Sidney Wilde, conductor and organist and Louise Bailey Wilde Perry also a musician and opera coach. She was a native of Rutherford, NJ, but lived with her family in Montclair, NJ where she attended Montclair College, majoring in music. She later studied piano in New York City with concert pianist Grace Castagnetta for 20 years. She participated with her piano partner in several two-piano programs. In 1947 she married Hugh Moore founder of the Dixie Cup Company of Easton. Mr. and Mrs. Moore lived at Slate Post Farm, Easton and also maintained an apartment in Midtown Manhattan. At that time she served as one of the first volunteer guides at the New United Nations Building. She also joined the Board of the Association for Volunteer Sterilization of NYC. She traveled around the world with Mr. Moore following his interest in population planning. She participated in the Hugh Moore Fund and assisted in the publication of Breeding Ourselves to Death by Lawrence Lader, an account of Mr. Moores work. She was a vice president of the Society for the Right to Die, NYC, an early proponent of the Living Will and was honored as a long-time member of the Population Institute, Washington, DC. Mr. Moore died in 1972 and one year later she deeded the 120-acre Slate Post Farm and its accompanying endowment to Northampton County for a public park and recreation facility. In accordance with Mr. Moores wishes the facility was named Louise W. Moore Park. The County Commissioners created a Northampton County Park Board which she chaired for ten years, overseeing the development of the farm fields into a passive park. She credited George Patton Associates of Philadelphia with the master plan which made this transformation possible. In 1974 she married Professor Joseph Van Vleck, Jr., sociologist of a prominent Montclair family. The wedding took place at the VanVleck house and gardens, now a public facility administered by the Montclair Foundation. The VanVlecks lived in Montclair, NJ and Easton, also at Captiva, FL and the Forest Lake Club, Hawley, PA. She traveled widely with Dr. Van Vleck particularly in the Middle East and followed him on the Board of Trustees of the American University in Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt. Dr. VanVleck died in 1985 and in 1988 she married International Lawyer Roswell Dean Pine of Kintnersville, Bucks County and divided her time between Slate Post Farm and Mill House, Bucks County. In 1985 she became one of the first women invited to become a member of the one hundred year old Pomfret Club of Easton. In 1989 she received the Presidents Award of the Sales and Marketing Executives of the Easton Area. In 1994 she made a gift of the Dixie Cup Papers dating back to 1910 to Lafayette Colleges David Skillman Library. She was Vice-Chairman of the Hugh Moore Historical Park and Museums for many years and was a principal in the Louise and Hugh Moore Population Project of the Methodist Church, Washington, DC. She was a life member of the Womens National Republican Club, NYC, and member of the Northampton Country Club, the Forest Lake Club, Hawley, PA, YR Club, and on the Board of the Sun Inn Preservation Assoc. and Womens Board of Easton Hospital, She was an Episcopalian who later converted to Unitarian." 
Resources and articles
- Louise W. Moore Pine, The Morning Call, accessed September 29, 2011.