Luanhe Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Luanhe Cogen power station (国电滦河热电厂), also known as Chengde Cogen power station, （国电承德热电厂）is a 990-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hebei Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the new Unit 10 on the left and the older Units 8 and 9 on the right. Earlier units have been retired. The plant is in Luanhe Town (Luanhezhen), Shuangluan District, Chengde Prefecture, Hebei Province.
Background on Plant
Luanhe Cogen power station was founded in 1958. The first phase of 3 units, with total capacity of 49MW were commissioned between 1960 and 1967. In 1978, two more units, totaling 100MW were brought online. In 1993 and 1997, two 100MW units went operation respectively. The units 1-7 were retired between 2009 and 2012. 
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Huabei Power
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Luanhe Town (Luanhezhen), Shuangluan District, Chengde Prefecture, Hebei Province, China
- Coordinates: 40.9398, 117.76148 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 8-10); Retired (Units 1-7)
- Gross capacity: 990 MW (Units 8-10: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2008-2012
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电滦河发电厂退役机组冷却水塔爆破拆除"承德日报, 2009-11-21
- "中国国电集团公司滦河发电厂关停拆除的6号、7号发电机组相关固定资产"TMEX, 2014-06-30
- "List of major power stations in Hebei province," Wikipedia, accessed September 2016
- "国电滦河发电厂," Baike, accessed June 2017
- "滦电六期3号机组顺利通过168小时试运行," China Guodian Corporation, October 29, 2012
- "关于河北滦河电厂“上大压小”热电联产扩建项目竣工环境保护验收合格的函," China MEP, 2014年03月13日
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017