Professor Lucas Bergkamp is Managing Partner of the Brussels office of attornies Hunton & Williams. He has particular expertise regarding technical trade barriers and possible remedies, and experience in civil liability, contaminated sites regulation, pharmaceutical, food, biotechnology, chemical law, health care, and product regulation.
He also holds the Chair in International Environmental Liability at Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands.
- Member, New York Bar
- B-list, Brussels Bar
- Visiting Fellow, Centre for the New Europe
- Member, Advisory Board, Campaign for Fighting Diseases
- Principal, Water Policy Institute
Papers by Bergkamp
- Lucas Bergkamp, Civil or Administrative Law to Prevent and Restore Environmental Harm?, Hunton & Williams, September 19, 2001.
- Lucas Bergkamp, Are Standing Rights for Environmental Groups in the Public Interest?, Tijdschrift voor Milieuaansprakelijkheid/Environmental Liability Law Review, Hunton & Williams, December 20, 2001.
- Lucas Bergkamp, The Commission's White Paper on Environmental Liability: A Weak Case for an EC Strict Liability Regime, Hunton & Williams, June 30, 2000.
- Lucas Bergkamp, Allocating Unknown Risk: Liability for Environmental Damages Caused by Deliberately Released Genetically Modified Organisms, Hunton & Williams, August 18, 2000
- Lucas Bergkamp (ed), and Environment, Kluwer Academic Publishers, August 2001.
- Lucas Bergkamp, Biotech Food and the Precautionary Principle Under EU and WTO Law, Hunton & Williams, September 11, 2001.
Hunton & Williams, Brussels - General
ave Louise 326, B6
Phone: +32 2 643 58 00
Fax: +32 2 643 58 22