Luzhou Chuannan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Luzhou Chuannan power station (四川省投泸州川南发电厂一期) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Sichuan Province, China.
An additional 1,3200 MW has been proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Jiangyang District,
Background on Plant
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Project Details of Expansion
- Sponsor: Sichuan Investment & Huadian International
- Parent company: Sichuan Investment Group, China Huadian
- Location: Jiangbei Town, Jiangyang District, Luzhou Prefecture, Sichuan Province, China
- Coordinates: 28.77749, 105.280989 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 3&4: 600 MW)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: