M. Peter McPherson
Peter McPherson "received his B.A. in political science from MSU in 1963. He earned his master's degree in business administration from Western Michigan University and a law degree from American University in Washington, D.C.
"McPherson was a special assistant to President Gerald Ford from 1975-77 and Deputy Director of the White House Personnel Office. Before he was selected as MSU's 19th president, McPherson was a group executive vice president at the Bank of America in San Francisco. McPherson became MSU's President on October 1, 1993.
"In 2003, McPherson served in Iraq as the financial coordinator for the Office of Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance.“ 
President, Michigan State University; Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Treasury, 1987-89; Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development, 1981-87.
"As administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) from 1981 to 1987, McPherson led the U.S. response to the famine in Africa. During that time he also chaired the Overseas Private Investment Corporation...
"McPherson has received the U. S. Presidential Certificate of Outstanding Achievement, the Secretary of State’s Distinguished Leadership Award, the Department of Treasury’s Alexander Hamilton Award, the UNICEF award for “outstanding contribution to child survival,” the 1983 Humanitarian of the Year award from the American Lebanese League and the Jewish National Fund Tree of Life Award in 1998." 
- Chair, International Fertiliser Development Center 
- Founding Cochair, Partnership to Cut Hunger and Poverty in Africa 
- Director, Center for Global Development
- Director, Conservation International
- Director, Inter-American Dialogue
- Director (chair), IFDC
- Inter-American Foundation/Former Personnel and Directors
- Director, Population Services International
- Advisory Council, Eurasia Foundation
- Advisory Board, World Agricultural Forum
- Hemisfile Editorial Board (as of 1996), Institute of the Americas
- Advisory Council, World Food Prize 
- Board of Overseers, International Center for Economic Growth 
- ”Biography”, Accessed January 2007.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- M. Peter McPherson, IFDC, accessed January 7, 2011.
- International Fertiliser Development Center Board, organizational web page, accessed September 17, 2012.
- Executive Committee, Partnership to Cut Hunger and Poverty in Africa, accessed January 19, 2009.
- Council of Advisors, World Food Prize, accessed December 9, 2007.
- Overseers, Trustees and Officers, International Center for Economic Growth, accessed September 21, 2008.