|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
He is a partner of Finers Stephens Innocent.
"Mark has a deep interest and commitment to fundamental human rights and regularly practises before the European Court of Human Rights - principally on freedom of expression issues...
"Mark was rendered into a Spitting Image puppet." 
- Appointed by Foreign Secretary to the FCO Free Expression Advisory Board
- Appointed by the Lord Chancellor to be a Champion of the Community Legal Service
- Vice Chair of the International Bar Association Media Law Committee
- IBA trial observer most recently to Thailand in 2005
- Chair of Policy Board Internet Watch Foundation (1996 - 1999)
- Vice Chair of IWF (1999 - 2003)
- Board Member of ICSTIS (Premium Rate telephone regulator) (1990-1999)
- Trustee of SPARKS (Sport Aiding Research for Kids) with many celebrities (1996 - 2004)
- Chair Greenwich & Docklands International Festivals (1999 - 2004)
- Chair Solicitors’ Law Festival (1998 - 2001) formerly the Solicitors Annual Conference
- Legal Director - Artlaw (1982 - 1984) a national legal advice centre
- Senior Partner - Stephens Innocent (1984 - 1999)
- Partner in a European cabinet of law firms - EEIG
- Chair of the Management Committee of the Programme in Comparative Media Law & Policy at Wolfson College, Oxford’s Centre for Socio Legal Studies
- Former President of the North East London Law Society
- Former member of the Law Society Public Relations Advisory Board
- Founder of the Joint Ethics Committee for the Visual Arts
- Held a seat on the British Copyright Council
- Trustee of the Solicitors’ Pro Bono Group of the Law Society of England and Wales for 7 years
- Holds a seat on the International Advisory Board for the University of Hong Kong
- Admitted as a Fellow of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies at London University
- Recently conferred with Doctor of Laws (Honoris causa) by the University of East London
- Editorial Board of the Entertainment and Sports Law Journal
Human Rights 
- Sits on: Law Society Human Rights Committee.
- Member: Amnesty International ‘urgent action’ panel.
- Work before the European Court of Human Rights in relation to breaches of the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Trustee of Index on Censorship.
- Patron of Justicia an organisation working for the victims of torture in Chile during Pinochet’s rule.
- Trustee of the Bianca Jagger Human Rights Foundation.